More information about cookies
What a cookie is?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored on your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit next time you browse that page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use for 20 year , when the first browser for the World Wide Web .
What’s NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus or a Trojan , not a worm, or spam or spyware, or pop -up window opens .
What information stores a cookie?
Cookies do not often store sensitive information about you, such as credit card or bank account information , photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, personalization of content , etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact , if you usually browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser , not the person .
What kind of cookies exist?
- Technical cookies : These are the most basic and allow, among other things, to know when you are navigating a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web .
- Cookies analysis : collect information on the type of navigation is performing , most used sections , products viewed , time slot of use , language, etc.
- Advertising cookies : display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin , language, etc.
What are own and third-party cookies?
Party cookies are those generated by the page you’re visiting and third are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook , Twitter, Google , etc.
What if I disable cookies?
To understand the scope may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt the content to their personal preferences, as often happens in the online stores.
- You can not access the personal area of the web, such as my own, or my profile or orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible to make purchases online, will have to be telephone or by visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize their geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website can not perform analytical web visitors and traffic on the web, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, evaluate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectioned, reducing advertising revenue on the web.
Can I delete cookies?
Yes. Not only eliminate also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies from a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to its elimination.
Cookie settings for popular browsers
Here’s how to access a particular cookie Chrome browser. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the icon that appears personalization top right.
- You see different sections, click the Show Advanced Options option.
- Go to Privacy Settings content.
- Select All cookies and site data. a list of all cookies ordered by domain appears.
- To make it easier to find a specific cookie domain partially or completely enter the address in the search field cookies.
- After making this filter will appear on the screen one or more lines with the requested Web cookies. Now just select it and press X to proceed with removal.
To access the cookie settings in Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser) :
- Go to Tools , Internet Options.
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookie settings Firefox browser follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser) :
- Go to Options or Preferences for your operating system .
- Click Privacy.
- In History choose Use custom settings for history .
- Now you can see the Accept Cookies option, you can activate or deactivate as desired.
To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Settings, then Privacy.
- Here you can see the Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- You go to Privacy and Security, see the Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the browser cookie settings for Android devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings button.
- Go to security and privacy, see the Accept cookies option to check or uncheck the box.
To access the browser cookie settings for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- Now you can enable or disable the Allow cookies